Galway Clinic is one of Ireland's leading private hospitals with an excellent reputation for delivering high quality healthcare treatments and services. Situated on the outskirts of Galway City on the Martin Roundabout in Doughiska and it opened to provide health care services on June 29, 2004. It was the first independently funded hospital to be opened in Ireland in twenty years and it attracted much media coverage and attention and visitors.
Orthopedic Surgery in Galway
Orthopedic is the treatment of bones and joints following trauma or disease. Surgery is conducted by an orthopaedic surgeon and includes procedures such as hip, knee and ankle replacement, hip & knee arthroscopy
, and foot or podiatric surgery
The main disease affecting bones and joints is arthritis. Arthritis means literally inflammation of a joint, this is usually associated with pain and swelling and stiffness and loss of function (for example difficulty walking and night pain).
Most orthopaedic procedures
will be followed up with either occupational therapy or physiotherapy.
Why choose Galway Clinic?
Galway Clinic is committed to providing healthcare excellence that is accessible and affordable to as many people as possible.
- Galway Clinic puts patient care and clinical excellence at the heart of everything they do. Click here to read more about Nuffield Health's Quality and Safety Programme.
- Galway Clinic is committed to providing healthcare excellence that is accessible and affordable to as many people as possible.
- You will always be treated by a Consultant, who is a specialist, so you can rest assured that you will always receive top quality treatment.
- The hospitals offer private, en-suite rooms, reducing the risk of hospital transferred infections and giving you the privacy to relax and recover in a comfortable environment.
- Their visiting times are flexible, and they will always try and accommodate your visitors, as they realise how important it is to have friends and family around during your road to recovery
Sports injury treatment
Sports and exercise medicine is a specialist practice dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of sports injuries, musculoskeletal problems and the enhancement of performance.
A vital factor in the successful treatment of sports injuries is the prompt assessment and diagnosis of the problem by a doctor or physiotherapist specialising in sports medicine. Sports enthusiasts suffering from either a recent injury or recurring problem, who wish to return to sport as soon as possible, can benefit from a wide range of sports injury treatments available at Galway Clinic
Galway Clinic - physiotherapy
Approximately 90% of all sports injuries can be treated non-surgically which makes specialists an excellent initial point-of-contact for diagnosis. If further investigations are required, or surgery is needed, they can deliver rapid access to scans such as X-ray, MRI, Ultrasound and CT, and expedite referrals to leading orthopaedic surgeons or other relevant sports medicine specialists with whom they work closely.
Galway Clinic Doughiska Limited. Doughiska, Co. Galway, Ireland T: 091 785000 F: 091 785100